• Reservations are now open for Honda’s new urban electric vehicle, the ‘Honda e’.

    Currently limited to the UK, Germany, France and Norway, a dedicated online reservation website allows customers to reserve a priority status to order the Honda e with a refundable reservation fee of £800. Customers will then be able to place an order from later this year with first deliveries of the vehicle expected from Spring 2020.

    The reservation system reveals five new colour options that will be available on the Honda e, comprising of; Platinum White Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Crystal Blue Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic and the striking Charge Yellow.

    Whilst the images of the car are still of the prototype version, Honda says this is 98% the finished model. The remaining yet-to-be revised 2% are supposedly just limited to software and tweaks to the drivetrain.

    The Honda e will deliver a range of over 125 miles (WLTP) and the capability to ‘fast charge’ to 80% battery capacity in 30 minutes.


  • Vauxhall has officially revealed images of the ‘Corsa-e’, an all-electric hatchback which forms part of the all-new Vauxhall Corsa range.

    Due to arrive in Summer 2020, the Corsa-e will share the same 50kWh battery pack and electric 134bhp electric motor used in its PSA Group sibling, the all-electric Peugeot ‘208e’. Both electric cars will have the same 211 mile range (WLTP) and whilst Vauxhall are yet to reveal information on the available petrol and diesel engines for the new Corsa, they too will likely be shared with the new Peugeot 208, along with the cars themselves being sold exclusively as 5-door models.

  • Skoda held a press conference in Bratislava, Slovakia yesterday and unveiled its first electrified production models, the ‘SUPERB iV’ and the ‘CITIGOe iV’, as well a revision of its flagship model, the ‘SUPERB’.

    The SUPERB range has been updated with a facelift, new technologies and assistance systems, as well as an updated interior.  Full LED Matrix headlights are also available for the first time in a Skoda production model. Skoda is also offering this model in a rugged SCOUT variant for the first time.

    The SUPERB SCOUT, which is exclusively available as an all‑wheel‑drive estate, includes rugged body enhancements, 18‑inch Braga alloy wheels, a Rough‑Road package featuring an added 15 mm of ground clearance, and a special SCOUT look in the interior.
    Joining the updated SUPERB range is the Skoda SUPERB iV, the first plug-in hybrid (PHEV) model from Skoda and is powered by a 1.4 TSI petrol engine delivering 156PS and uses an 85kW electric motor. The SUPERB iV fulfils the Euro 6d-TEMP emissions standard and the car’s CO2 emissions will come in below 40 g/km.  The 13kWh battery enables an all-electric range of up to 34 miles (WLTP).

    Based on the existing CITIGO, Skoda also announced the new Skoda CITIGOe iV, which is the brands first all-electric vehicle. Featuring a 61kW electric motor and a 36.8kWh lithium-ion battery, the CITIGOe iV will have a range of up to 165 miles (WLTP). The fastest option to charge the car will be via a DC rapid charging point, which can charge a flat battery to 80% total capacity in about an hour. Using a home-charging wallbox, it should take just over 4 hours to reach the same capacity, or just under 5 hours 30 minutes to fully recharge the battery.

    Sales for the facelifted SUPERB begin in September this year, with the SUPERB iV and CITIGOe iV following in early 2020. Next year will also see an all-new electric car from Skoda based Volkswagen Group’s MEB modular electric car platform.

    Skoda held a press conference in Bratislava, Slovakia yesterday and unveiled its first electrified production models, the ‘SUPERB iV’ and the ‘CITIGOe iV’, as well a revision of its flagship model, the ‘SUPERB’.


  • The Audi Q5 lineup will also soon be available with a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) variant in the coming months, with the introduction of the ‘Audi Q5 55 TFSI e quattro’.

    Combining a 2.0 TFSI four-cylinder, 252PS turbocharged petrol engine with an electric motor, the Q5 TFSI e can accelerate from 0 to 62mph in 5.3 seconds and reach a top speed of 148mph. The SUV can also achieve an electric range of over 26 miles running on just the battery and travel at speeds of up to 84mph in electric-only mode.

    Available to order in the UK from the beginning of June, with first deliveries scheduled during Q4 of this year, the Audi Q5 55 TFSI e quattro will be priced at around £55,000.