Weekly News Roundup - 25/01/19
- The Nissan LEAF is the now best-selling electric vehicle across Europe and the best-selling car overall in Norway.
Nissan recently confirmed two new grades for the LEAF lineup, 3.ZERO and 3.ZERO+. The latter features an uprated 62kWh battery and replaces the standard 40kWh battery, bringing enhanced performance and an increased range of up to 239 Miles from a single charge.
- The New Ford Ranger pick-up will deliver more power, greater fuel-efficiency, enhanced refinement and advanced driver assistance technologies when it arrives from mid-2019.
The vehicle lineup will include a new 2.0-litre EcoBlue diesel engine with selective catalytic reduction (SCR) for optimised emissions, delivering up to a nine percent fuel-efficiency improvement when combined with an advanced new 10-speed automatic transmission.
The new engine line-up will be led by the bi-turbo version of this 2.0-litre EcoBlue engine, delivering 213PS and 500Nm of torque – up by 13PS and 30Nm compared with the current 3.2-litre TDCi diesel.
- Vauxhall’s New Vivaro van has been revealed and will be available to order next month. This third generation Vivaro is based on a new platform and will be available in two lengths (L1H1 L2H1). Body styles include panel van, doublecab for up to six occupants and a platform chassis. Prices will start from £21,240 excluding VAT, with an all-electric version due in 2020.
- Skoda has announced that its upcoming urban crossover will be called the Skoda Kamiq.
The Kamiq will be the third SUV in the Skoda’s lineup and joins the Karoq and Kodiaq.
The unveiling is set to take place at the Geneva Motor Show between 5th and 17thMarch 2019.
- Another car set to appear at the Geneva Motorshow is a new prototype of the hotly anticipated Honda Urban EV. The new model is expected to resemble the original Urban EV Concept which was revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2017. Whilst details on the production model are limited, the Urban EV is believed to now feature five doors instead of three.